Saturday, December 17, 2011

5 Eclectic Thoughts for a Chilly Saturday Afternoon

So I had some random things that I wanted to share today. Here are the 5 eclectic thoughts thoughts that I had on this chilly Saturday afternoon!

1. I spent yesterday afternoon with Gretchen Goerlitz, head coach at Lindenwood University. It really is going to be a phenomenal program which she has some magnificent plans for. I'll be covering many aspects of their program after the first of the year and will continue coverage at least through the end of their first season.

I've got to say, this is history! The gymnastics community should celebrate the fact that for the first time in 10 years, a new gymnastics program is emerging into the NCAA.

I'd love if you'd follow their Twitter & Facebook pages, so you can be part of the history that is being made! Write about it, Talk about it, Tweet about it, Blog about it! Let's celebrate the fact that there's another gymnastics program to enjoy!

2. I'm glad people liked the Test Event Video! (Yes, it was mine!) For the record, I adore Brandie Jay and all of the jokes in this video were all meant in good fun! :) I apologize if anyone was offended.


3. If you're not watching Ginnaste, you really should be. It's like Make it or Break it, but it's less awful, no one's pregnant and the show actually documents the lives of Italian National Team Members.

4. From tomorrow until January 1st, I'll be doing holiday blogs every day. Although "the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear", I decided that blogging would be a better option. Keep your eyes out for these special blogs. All of the weekly blogs ("Day in the Life", "Fresh Face Friday" etc) will resume January 2nd.

5. You all are fabulous. I can't believe we've been live for under 2 months and the blog almost is up to 100,000 hits. Keep sending your ideas, suggestions and comments to me. Nearly all of the planned content (not news) has been influenced by your ideas. Keep on sending them, because I really couldn't do it without you. I would love to hear literally any ideas that you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment