Top 5 Things that WOWED me:
|And Gabby's thrilled too.|
1. Bridget Sloan's combo on beam. If she could connect that a little bit better I would squeal like a Justin Bieber fan.
2. A. Few. Amazing. Fucking. Vaults.
3. Brenna Dowell's front tumbling. Even more so b/c she's injured. Stay safe though, girl.
4. Dougie's amazing Tkachev to Pak Salto.
5. Sabrina Vega's artistry. That NEVER gets old.
Top 5 Things I'm SO bored with:
2. The Shaposh-Halfs... Ugh... like... we get it.
3. The Hot Pink. Yes, yes, #teamhotpink is the best, but when GAGE has the most impressive leotards, you need to step up your game.
4. "I just want to hit 4 for 4."
5. Piked Tkachevs.
Top 5 Things that bummed me out:
1. The amount of spotting going on, particularly on the Nastia front. Her skills are great, but I'll be interested to see her without all of the spotting.
|Sarah replicates my face when I see an idiotic fan|
2. You all know that I love Texas Dreams, but I wish that Nica & Peyton would point their toes on those ring leaps.
3. Apparently Brenna Dowell spent a good portion of training looking like she was going to cry. I hope this isn't Ivana Round 2.
4. Fans who think that one training video makes or breaks someone's shot at the Olympic team.
5. These girls who can hit in training but miss it in competition. I hope that everyone can just hit.
Top 5 Predictions:
2. I worry that Katelyn is going to fall on beam. I think that she might be stressed at how amazing everyone thinks that she is.
3. 2013 World Vault Champ will be an American with a Triple... Whether it will be McKayla, Lexie or Simone, I'm not sure.
4. I'm waiting for Simone Biles, Nia Dennis and Laurie Hernandez to switch gyms.
5. If any of the veterans don't make Trials, there will be a "sudden injury" excuse.
Top 5 more random thoughts :
1. I don't care if A Sac competes a handspring on vault and a beam routine that I could execute. Props to the girl for coming back so quickly. :)
2. I hope to god that Amelia Hundley doesn't end up 5'8... And if she does that she can gracefully handle being 5'8.
3. I want to write new floor music for Bailie Key. ... I think I will.
4. Ariana Guerra reminds me of Jana Bieger... but like... 2006, "I don't hate you and your gymnastics is good" Jana Bieger, not 2009 Jana.
5. I have a hard time picturing these girls at the Olympics... All of them, with the exception of the vets. Even when I close my eyes and try to think of Jordyn at the Olympics, it's hard. I'm still picturing them all as 12 & 13 year olds.
*All pics are from USA Gymnastics